Sunday, August 12, 2007

Feelin hot hot hot

It seems like we're in the middle of a never ending heat wave here! It's been 100+ for two weeks now. Ugh. The only good thing I can think of is that I'm not 8 months pregnant yet. That would be miserable. I'm 12 weeks in now...28 to go! I took some pictures today, but then the camera batteries died so I can't get them put on here yet. My belly is ginormous already, or at least it seems that way to me. I've only gained a couple of pounds so far though. I go to the doctor Wednesday for my monthly checkup and we should be able to hear the heartbeat! That's exciting. It was always nice with Brady to be able to hear his heartbeat. I know I feel fine, and everything is progressing as it should, but it's still nice to have the reassurance of hearing the heartbeat. I'm going to try to convince Dr. Bavishi that I need a sonogram so we can see the baby. With Brady by this point we had already had three since I had Betty the Blob until 14 weeks. We haven't gotten to peek at this baby yet. With this baby we're pretty much guaranteed to have a sono in October or November, but other than that we may not get a peek. In my books and stuff they say that by now the male/female parts are all formed and in place, but they would still be really hard to see on a sono, so even if we do get to have one soon we won't be able to find out for a couple more months. There's a lady, Kay, at work who's convinced I'm having a boy because my butt is getting wider. I told her thanks for noticing! She's funny. She said she's never been wrong. There's another girl, my human resources supervisor, who is pregnant now too. She's about 25 weeks along. Kay told her she was having a girl and then she went for a sono and they say she's having a girl too! We'll see if Kay is right with me. I wouldn't mind having another boy. Brady is so much fun and so easy. A girl would be ok too though and it would be easier to pick out names since we already have a girl name picked out. If this is a boy I have no idea what we are going to call him! I've flipped through the name book and nothing really sticks out to me yet. We've got plenty of time though.

Well, I'm getting hungry. Finally I have an appetite. For several weeks I didn't feel like eating anything. Now I'm getting into the swing of things and I'm starting to crave things..mainly cheesey things. I think I might go fix some mac n cheese and a hot dog for lunch.

Robin and Rustin are coming to town today. They flew out to Utah for the weekend for a Hafen family reunion and they're going to stop here for a couple of days on their way back to Jersey. We're excited to see them. Rustin just got back from Iraq a couple of weeks ago and hasn't seen Brady since Christmas. A lot has changed since then. He won't believe it!

Well, I'm off to the kitchen.

No comments: