I had this cute picture of Mackenzie on my cell phone. It's from last week when we were having our garage sale. She was all bundled up since it was so chilly out!Well, yesterday was eventful to say the least. Jeremiah had to work out at the range all day so he was supposed to be there from 8 a.m. until 10 p.m. He was planning on getting home around 11 p.m. and then doing it all over again today. I got up at 5 a.m. yesterday and got the kids ready. I took them to the babysitters (12 miles away) and got to work (three miles from there) by 6:30. I worked until 3 then picked them up from the sitter's (another 3 miles) and drove them to my parent's house (about 35 miles from the sitter's). From there I went to school (another 25 miles away). After class my right side started hurting really bad, but I had to go back to mom and dad's to get the kids (another 25 miles). On the way there my side was hurting really bad but once I got there and sat for a while so the kids could watch It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown I started feeling better. My side didn't hurt at all after I left, but once I got back on the highway it started killing me again. I got to downtown KCMO and thought I was going to die. I called Jeremiah then my OB who said to go to the hospital and get checked out. Since I had the kids with me I had to figure out what to do with them. It would be too far to go back to mom's and then all the way to Olathe Med so I called Jenn and asked if I could bring them there. I headed there (about 35 or 40 miles from mom's the way I went) and dropped off the kids with Mike. Luckily Ryan and Logan were already in bed. Jenn drove me to the hospital since I couldn't even stand up straight (about 5 miles from her house). On the way there we saw these police cars in the mall parking lot and were wondering what they were doing wandering around. Once we got to the E.R. they called Labor and Delivery and had a nurse from there come get me. Once we got upstairs and I changed into a gown Jeremiah got there. I wasn't having any contractions and Peanut was fine so they did some tests to see if something was going on with my bladder or kidneys, but everything looked fine there too. They watched me for a few hours. While we were there Jeremiah talked to his friend Shannon who used ot work in Merriam with him but is now in Olathe. He asked her why all the cops were wandering around in the field next to the mall and she said there had been a naked man running around! Jenn and I were glad we missed that!!! So after a while they said they had no idea what was causing the pain, but guessed maybe it's just the way Peanut is sitting in there. So they sent us on our way a little after midnight. Jenn and I went back to her house and waited for Jeremiah. Since he had come straight from the range he still had a police car so he had to take that back to the station and have someone bring him back to Jenn's so he could drive the van home. We loaded up the kids - who were exhausted! - and drove home (about 20 miles). We ate a snack and got to bed around 2:30 a.m. So basically I was up for 21.5 hours yesterday, worked for 8.5 hours, went to class for 2 hours and drove about 170 miles.
Luckily one of the other guys Jeremiah works with was able to get things started at the range so Jeremiah could sleep in until about 8:30. He took the kids up to the sitter's so I can stay home and relax today. I still have some pain off and on, but it comes and goes. It's wierd. I think it probably is just the way the baby is sitting because sometimes he moves and it feels better. Hopefully it won't get as bad as it was last night.
No comments:
Post a Comment