Monday, February 27, 2006

Doctor says eat more greens

We went to the doctor this morning and Brady seems to be progressing just fine. He's the right size for 29 weeks and his heart beat is strong and steady. My blood pressure was perfect and my blood sugar test from the last visit came back just fine. It was 93. Anything under 150 is considered good. No gestational diabetes for me!! My weight has skyrocketed over the past two weeks - 9 pounds in two weeks! Oops. First it was 11 pounds, then they made me take off my shoes and it went down to 9. Dr. Bavishi asked if I've been loading up on sweets. She could see right through me. The only thing not going as planned is my blood levels are a little low, 11.7 compared to normal range of 12-15. I think this is my hemoglobins...the amount of extra blood I'm producing. You need extra for birth cause you lose some. So she said to take an iron supplement and eat up on dark green leafy veggies - yuck - like spinach and broccoli. Work was very tough today so I'll have to get to the store tomorrow to get some. In the meantime I ordered pizza for dinner because I didn't feel like cooking. I was good though - and ordered a spinach alfredo pizza for me! It's a start.

No comments: