Only one week left. Things are starting to come together with only one week left until Mackenzie gets here. We got her room mostly cleaned out and we're working on getting all her little clothes through the laundry. Yesterday we got her wipe warmer set up next to her changing table and found a little night light for the room. We still need some things that I doubt we'll have before she gets here, but we'll get them eventually like curtains and an area rug. It gets pretty bright in her room during the day. In the spring and summer it won't be as bad because the tree out front will block a lot of the light. For now it's pretty bright though.
I think tomorrow I'm going to take a short day at work and make it my last. I was going to work through Friday, but I'm just wiped out with back pain and stretching pains that I'm ready to be done. Plus, Brady still has a runny nose and I know if I send him to daycare all week he's not going to get any better. I don't want to risk him picking something else up either so he'll have short day tomorrow there and then be home for the rest of the week. He's still got a runny nose, but his cough seems to be improving and he hasn't been sneezing at all lately. Jeremiah's got a cold trying to start with him. He's been coughing for a day or two now, but luckily he can take some medicine to try to ward it off. I've still got just a little crud that will not give up, but other than an occassional runny nose I'm doing much better.
I go to the doctor in the morning. My last prenatal appointment! I can't believe how quickly it has gone this time. Wow. It seems like we just had our first appointment. Although it was a lot warmer then last summer...it's been FREEZING here lately...we've had only one or two days above freezing in the past two weeks. It's supposed to warm up a little here over the next week so hopefully it will just keep going that direction. We're too cold to go out and do anything.
Well, I'm going to go check on Brady. He's been taking a nap all afternoon and I don't want to let him sleep too late or he won't want to go to bed tonight!
Oh - one quick story. Today Jeremiah had to go into work late because they're working on a case and have to do some stuff tonight so when he got in the shower this morning Brady freaked out. He didn't want Jeremiah to go in the bathroom and shut the door. So the entire time he stood outside the door and wailed and screamed. Then when he got out and was getting dressed Brady was crying and saying "No bye-bye Daddy, no bye-bye." He just didn't want Jeremiah to go to work today. Poor guy. He kept hugging Jeremiah and telling him not to go. Finally when Jeremiah left he had a meltdown for about 10 minutes before I finally distracted him with a pile of unpaired socks. We had fun matching them and throwing them in a laundry basket. I'm sure when I go in to get him up the first thing he's going to ask for is Daddy!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment