When I was pregnant with Brady I read that some people go through this "nesting" phase when they are getting close to their delivery. It is pretty much just an insane need to clean, clean, clean. I never had it. Not since preschool have I ever really been into cleaning. My Dad always jokes about how in preschool the teacher said that I was the best student in the class when it came to cleaning up the toys. Ha! I guess I used all that skill back then because I have pretty much been a pack-rat and slob ever since. Laundry piles are my friends and so are stacks of papers and random things that I just don't feel like putting away. Why put something away if you're just going to get it out again tomorrow right??? Ha ha ha.
So the past few days I've been on a cleaning kick. I've been keeping the living room pretty well maintained for a few months...for some reason seeing all of Brady's toys everywhere drives me nuts so I typically clean up after him each day. I like to give him a fresh play area every day. He helps sometimes now too with clean-up so that's nice. Yesterday Jeremiah worked his last official day of work and Brady and I stayed in because it was only 20 degrees all day. Brrr. Let's just say that I now have the cleanest kitchen in North America. At least for a day or two. I Clorox Wiped the heck out of that room. We keep passing a cold around between the three of us so I figured why not disinfect while I clean. Plus, those little wipes are way more convenient than a paper towel and spray cleaner. I did two loads of dishes, cleaned the counter tops, cleaned the fronts of the cabinets and all the handles, cleaned off my butcher block which was previously not visible under the stacks of crap all over it and then I went one further: the floor had been covered in dirty dog footprints since it was last snowy and they tracked in a ton of dirt. Brady and I sat on the floor and cleaned every individual tile with Clorox Wipes. I probably would have used a mop if I had one, but I am currently without so we scrubbed, and scrubbed and scrubbed. Brady kept saying, "Ew, dirty," when his cloth turned brown. Then he'd say, "Trash" head over to the trash can to throw it away and come running back saying, "New one!" I'd give him a fresh white one and we'd start over. It was fun. He only tried to lick the wipe once. I quickly grabbed it, but I think my shouting for him not to do that was unneeded since the taste was probably the nastiest thing ever. He didn't try that again.
When he took a nap I cleaned the dining room. Did you know we have a dining room table? Wow. I found it yesterday. It's actually pretty nice. :) Today Jeremiah has a department meeting until about noon. We're supposed to go to a car show this afternoon that he won free tickets to from the radio. Brady's sleeping in (it's already 10:00) and I'm just messing around until he wakes up. I think our little project today is going to be cleaning out the hall closet. It's kind of awkward because it has really narrow shelves. I somehow have to find a way to organize it to fit all of our towels and sheets and cleaning materials - though I could probably get rid of 90% of the cleaning stuff and just buy bulk Clorox Wipes. I really do love them. I use them on everything! After that I need to clean Brady's room a little bit. He's just got some stuff piled up here and there that I need to find a place for. And Jeremiah and I need to finish the laundry. I can't get to the bottom of the washer or the back of the dryer anymore with my belly so Jeremiah's in charge of all that I am in charge of folding it.
Well, Robin comes in town late tomorrow night. We're expecting a little snow tomorrow but it hopefully won't interfere with her travel plans. I don't think it will. During the afternoon when it's coming down we'll be watching the Daytona 500! Yay. Jeremiah's driver, Dale Jr., has been doing pretty good this week so J's hoping he'll win. I think Stacey's driver, Jimmie Johnson, has a pretty good chance too. My driver, Clint Bowyer, is starting somewhere in the middle. I think he'll do ok.
Well, I'm going to start working on the closet until Brady wakes up. Once he hears me moving stuff around I'm sure he'll perk up.
No comments:
Post a Comment