Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Don't mess with me

Brady wore his Ocean City, Maryland, shirt today that says: "Don't mess with me 'cuz my grandma kicks butt!" He was sad to let Grandma Robin leave - she had to go back to New Jersey (Grandpa Rustin won't let her stay forever with us). When she called to let us know she got there safely - a few hours late, but safe - I put the phone up to Brady's ear and when she talked to him he smiled really big! He's excited that he'll get to see her again (and his great grandparents) in just 6 weeks in Florida! Hooray!
By the way - can you believe how much Brady looks like such a big boy in this picture??? What a handsome guy!
In a side note: Tonight I finally got to see Brady do his new trick. He crawls over to the couch and pulls himself from sitting up to his knees. He was in the middle of the room playing with his toys when suddenly he got himself onto his hands and knees, motored over to the couch, pulled himself up and proceeded to try to eat the cushion. It was really cute. He sat like that for like 5 minutes or so. I was too enthralled with it to run to get the camera, so we'll have to wait for pictures of it!
Also tonight Jeremiah starts working a different shift for the first time in more than two years. Since we've been married he's been working the midnight shift 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. Tonight he starts a four month stint on evenings: 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. It will be interesting for the next week or so adjusting to sharing our bed every night. For the past two and a half years we've only had to share it two nights a week on his days off! At least we have a king size so we shouldn't kick each other too bad...or rather I shouldn't kick him too badly...I have a tendancy to flop and kick in my sleep. I think Brady takes after me. He always ends up at the opposite end of the bed in the morning!
Today Brady did something else new too! Jeremiah found some Little Dipper baby spoons at Target yesterday. They have a really fat handle and more of a flat paddle part than a curved spoon part on the end. They're supposed to help babies learn to feed themselves. Well, for dinner I fixed Brady's carrots and veggie chicken dinner and put them on a plate. I took the little dipper, got some food on it and put it in his mouth. I did that again and then the third or fourth time I just held it out in front of him with the food on it. He sat there for a second with his mouth wide open, let out a little grunt, then grabbed it with his hand and stuck it in his mouth. Well, sort of. The first couple times he did it the food landed more on his cheek than in his mouth, but within a couple of minutes he was eating like an old pro. He doesn't really get the hang of dipping it, but he's got the transferring from Mommy's hand to his mouth deal down!!! He's gifted. I know. (ha ha ha)

No comments: