Sunday, July 06, 2008

4th weekend

We picked a lot of yummies yesterday...there's some radishes, a banana pepper, a cherry pepper, some cherry tomatoes and some bell peppers. Brady had some of the tomatoes for lunch today and he said they were delicious. We have a ton of cucumbers started out there. I think we counted at least 20. They would be good size to make some sweet pickles now, but we're going to let them get full size before we pick them. Our tomato plants are really taking off too. There are 5 or 6 cherry ones almost ready to pick and at least 10 to 12 big ones about halfway ready.
Today Brady and I weeded the garden for a while, but it was really hot. It was almost 90. Brady was all red and sweaty so we came in to cool down with some gatorade and cold popsicles. Brady loves those Flavor Ice pops. I like them too!

Tonight while we were making dinner Brady decided to climb up Mackenzie's high chair. She thought that was really neat! He stayed up there for about 5 minutes talking to her and singing a song to her!
She had her froggy, Mr. Leapers, with her. She chews on her frog like Brady chews on Mr. Monkey.
At the fireworks show...all smiles!

We went out to the Woodlands for their fireworks Friday night. The Woodlands is a dog racing place like 5 miles from the house. We put a blanket down in the back of the truck and had a cooler with some animal crackers and water. The weather was perfect - only in the upper 70s.

Mackenzie had lots of fun staying up late.

Before the show Brady had fun playing in Mackenzie's car seat.

Brady was hillarious...when the show finally started he screamed HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! He said it about five times during the show. We had a really good time except some ghetto people parked near us and about 3/4 of the way through the show they apparently lit up a joint because Jeremiah and I both smelled marijuana all of a sudden. We packed up the kids and got out of there. We got to see pretty much everything but the finale.

We went in to check on Brady the other night and we could hardly find him. He had pulled Super Monkey on top of him and had other monkeys and blankets all over the place! He's such a funny sleeper!

Then, we went in to check on Mackenzie and she was sleeping with her butt up in the air. We were laughing really hard. I know I move around a lot in my sleep, so I guess there must be a gene for crazy sleeping.


We went to McDonalds for supper the other night and Brady had fun playing in the jungle gym. He didn't like the big kid part, but he had a blast in the toddler area!

Brady is done with sippy cups. He has learned to drink from big boy cups really well. He still spills sometimes, but he does a good job. At daycare he drinks those Little Rainbow koolaid like drinks from the little jugs. I have to talk to the babysitter tomorrow and make sure he cuts back on juice and koolaid over there and drinks some more milk. He has really bad diaper rash and I am pretty sure it is from the juice. It seems like when he drinks a lot of it he gets bad diaper rash.
As far as potty training goes we haven't made a whole lot of progress. Every once and a while he tells us he needs to go and then does, but he's still not really into it yet.
Well, I have to get him to bed. This is going to be a crazy week. I have to be at work at 6:30 a.m. tomorrow and work until probably 5:30 p.m. Then I have to be back at work at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday and Wednesday because we have inventory. I will probably have at least 12 hour days. Ick. Thursday we go back to the doctor to check on Sissy's ear infection and make sure it is cleared up. Then I have to work all next weekend. Oh well, I just have to get through this week and next and then I'm going to take a week off. I don't really have any plans, but I have time and need to take it or I lose it. I think I'll still send the kids to daycare at least a couple days so I can have some me time!!! I might get my hair cut. I would love to go get a massage or something, but with gas so expensive there's no extra money for extras! It cost Jeremiah $22 to cut the stinking grass today once he filled up his gas cans. He said he understands a little bit why people have such tall grass. They can't afford gas to mow it!!! It finally hit $4 this weekend. It's been really close for a while. Actually the past few weeks it has been around $3.80, but of course with the holiday it took a big jump.
Well, we're off to bed.




No comments: