Sunday, July 13, 2008

Harvest time!

Cucumber time!
Brady and Jeremiah picked 11 pretty good sized cucumbers tonight when I got home from work. They ate one of them with dinner and said it was yummy. I don't really like them so I wouldn't know. They do look a lot better than the ones we grew last year. I think they are getting watered better out where they are this year and I know they are getting a lot more sunlight so I'm sure that helps. We're going to keep two at home and J's going to take some to work and I'm going to take the rest to my work. It looks like we'll have about 5 or 10 more cucumbers to pick in the next few days so there's no way Brady and J will be able to eat them all!
I work Monday, then Wednesday through Friday and then I'm off for a week! Jeremiah has to work, but I have time I have to take or I will lose it. I don't really have any plans for my time off. I would like to get a haircut, but I'm not sure I will have money to do that. I don't understand why haircuts are so stinking expensive nowadays. Even a haircut for Brady is like $14. That's so stupid. He hardly has any hair and it takes like 15 minutes. I have thought about trying to do it myself, but am afraid I might create a scary sight.
Mackenzie is getting bigger. I had to take her to the doctor Thursday for him to recheck her ear that had an infection in it. Unfortunately it still looked a little infected, but the doctor didn't want to use antibiotics again so we have to go back again Wednesday to look at it again and see if it will heal up on her own. She doesn't act like it's bothering her and she really hasn't had a fever or anything so I think it will be ok. When we were there Thursday they weighed her and she was 16 pounds, 13 ounces! She had just finished a bottle in the waiting room, but still, she was a pound more than she was two weeks earlier when she went for her 4 month visit! I can't believe she will be five months old this week already! Can you? Time is flying by. She can pretty much sit up by herself for a few moments now, but her favorite thing still is standing. She loves her jumperoo and her johnny jump up.
Well, it's getting pretty late and I have to open the store tomorrow morning at 6:30 a.m. so I better get off to bed. I have to get up around 4:30 so I can get to work on time! Yuck.

No comments: