It was race weekend here at the Kansas Speedway just down the road from our house! I took a vacation for Saturday and Sunday and Jeremiah was off since he had training all week out of town. Saturday we took Brady and went out to the track to walk around the trailors and displays...I had to find a new driver because M&Ms are going to sponsor a driver that I do not like next year and I cannot root for him. So I picked Clint Bowyer...he's from Kansas and he drives the number 07 Jack Daniels car. It's pretty cool looking. So I got a jacket really cheap and a flag to fly out front with our other ones. Brady had fun. He got tired after a while so we decided it was time to head home. Jeremiah got to stay and watch the race with one of his co-workers who got free tickets from his wife and free passes to a hospitality tent. He ate a lot of free food and way too many chili dogs. He was up half the night with really bad indigestion. While Jeremiah was enjoying the race Brady and I struggled to find the van. We lost it in the parking lot. I think it took just at an hour to find it. The bad thing was it was hot and the terrain is bumpy and uneven and made it really miserable for me pushing a stroller around. Brady didn't notice. He fell asleep halfway through and then slept the whole way home...it took another half hour to get out of the parking lot. Sunday we had some friends over to watch the race and have lunch. There were a couple of rain delays and finally they had to call the race because it got too dark. My new driver, Bowyer, finished second! Hooray!
All in all we had a pretty good weekend - with the exception of it flying by and my boss calling and text messaging me and nagging me all weekend with nonsense. It pretty much sealed the deal of me needing to find a new job. After Brady goes to bed I'm going to print off a bunch of job postings and start formulating a plan of attack for applying for them. I am supposed to be off Tuesday and Thursday this week so I will try to get as many applications in as I can this week.
All in all we had a pretty good weekend - with the exception of it flying by and my boss calling and text messaging me and nagging me all weekend with nonsense. It pretty much sealed the deal of me needing to find a new job. After Brady goes to bed I'm going to print off a bunch of job postings and start formulating a plan of attack for applying for them. I am supposed to be off Tuesday and Thursday this week so I will try to get as many applications in as I can this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment