What a week. I worked 8 days in a row and finally I have some time off!
Jeremiah left town Sunday night to go to training in Hutchinson, KS, which is like three hours away from here. He'll be back tomorrow evening sometime. It's been a hectic week to say the least. My last day off prior to today was a 9 days ago. Since I had to work all weekend I really didn't get to see Brady a whole lot. He got to spend Sunday morning with Jeremiah before he left town and the afternoon with his cousin Lisa. They had fun playing at her apartment...although her kitty wasn't as excited about seeing Brady as Brady was about seeing him! Our cat, Jake, is totally used to Brady picking on him all the time. He pretty much just takes it when Brady pet/slaps him and lays on him. Zeke didn't want much to do with Brady. So I got home Sunday night and spent about an hour with him before bed. Monday I had to be at work at 6:30 a.m. so I had to drag him out of bed at 5:30 to get to the babysitters. By the time I picked him up and we got home it was 6:00 p.m. and I laid him down for a nap...he didn't get up until 5:30 the next morning when we again had to head out early. That night he was again sleeping through dinner, so I woke him at 9 p.m. to eat a little snack and then it was right back to bed. Both Monday and Tuesday the babysitter said Brady was acting crazy, tackling other kids and pounding them on the head with toys. I told her I expected the behavior to be brought on by not really seeing me or Jeremiah at all and having to get up so stinking early in the morning. His schedule was way out of whack. Plus, he has this diaper rash that is really bad, and finally going away, but it was hurting his butt I'm sure. Also he fell and hit his ear Monday morning at the babysitters and the top of it was all swollen and black and blue. Poor guy. So Wednesday I didn't have to get him up until about 7:30 and he had a little better day. When we got home after work we ran to Kmart where he didn't even ride in a cart...he held my hand and walked like such a big boy! Then we came home and ate dinner and played for a little while before bed. Today we slept in. Well, Brady did. I woke up at 7:30 and couldn't go back to sleep so I decided to clean the kitchen...what fun. Brady got up around 8:30 and had breakfast before playing for a while before his morning nap. Then when he got up we went to McDonalds for lunch. They just built a brand new close by so we went to check it out. It was nice. Brady had chicken nuggets and apples with carmel dipping sauce. He got pretty sticky. Then we came home and the neighbors came over for a few minutes to bring Brady some toys. After that we played for a little, scribbled with crayons, had a snack and it was time for afternoon nap! He's still sleeping now. I took a nap for a little while, but the phone kept ringing so I decided to get up and poke around on the internet for a while...looking for jobs mainly. I have found a few more I'm going to apply for at Garmin.
I found out some distressing news this afternoon. M-Ms are going to be Kyle Busch's sponser for NASCAR next year. I can't stand him. That means I have to find a new driver and car. Good grief. Jeremiah's driver, Dale Jr., has a new sponsor next year so everything is changing! It's a crazy mixed up world.
Well, I need to go brush my teeth. Lately I've been getting an appetite, finally...and when I woke from my nap I went to the kitchen and grabbed the first thing I saw: coleslaw. I ate an entire bowl of it. Ugh. It tasted good at the time. I say I finally have an appetite because up until about a week ago I really hadn't been all that hungry at all. I think I'm to the point now where if I'm not careful about what I eat when I do get hungry I'm going to start packing on the pounds in a serious way and turn into the state puffed marshmellow man again like I did with Brady. I'm trying to keep bananas and cut up cantelope and other heathly things around, but I still find myself reaching for the unhealthy junk like bowls of coleslaw and plates of fried hashbrowns with ketchup and mayo!
Thursday, September 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment