So a lot has gone on since I last updated the site a couple weeks ago. I had my 16 week doctors appointment this week and it was pretty hectic. Jeremiah was excited last month when he switched back to the midnight shift because it meant that he could come to my doctor's appointments again...I have to point out that's the only reason he was happy about going back to that shift! So he was upset when he found out that he had training Wednesday morning at the community college and wouldn't be able to come to the appointment. We figured it really wasn't that big of a deal, the whole appointment would only take about 15 minutes we figured. Basically I would go in, get my blood pressure taken, listen to the babies heartbeat and be out at the desk making my next appointment before Brady even finished his banana. Yeah, right. Brady and I got there right on time. We played throw Mr. Monkey on the floor for a few minutes in the waiting room before getting called back. Mommy gained 5 pounds in the last month we found out after I had to hop on the scale. Then it was back to the room where my blood pressure was taken...104 over 64, pretty consistent with what it always is. Then we waited, and waited, and waited for Dr. Bavishi. She was backed up. We could hear the doppler heartbeat monitor thing making scratchy noises from the rooms down the hall and then the babies heartbeats. Pretty soon she was next door and we heard the little heartbeat in there pounding away. Jeremiah sent me a text message on my cell phone asking how the appointment went. I sent one back saying we hadn't been seen yet. The the dr. finally came in. She asked if everything was going well and I mentioned I had been having some pretty severe stretching pains which she said was normal. Then she had me lay back and started looking for the heartbeat with the doppler. Usually she goes right to it. This time it was quiet for a minute. Then for another minute. Then after what was really only a few minutes, but felt like an hour she found the sound of the placenta. No heartbeat though. Naturally I was not enjoying the moment, especially since Jeremiah was across town, completely oblivious to what was going on. So after a few more minutes Dr. Bavishi was like, Ok, we're going to send you over to the hospital for a sonogram. She explained that sometimes the placenta which is normally in the back area can move around to the front which would make it impossible to hear the heartbeat through it. I knew that already because that's pretty much what happened to Stacey when she was pregnant with Melea, except the placenta was sort of off to the side because they could still hear the heartbeat just a little. So I left the office and called Jeremiah to see if he could get out of training for an hour so he could come over to the hospital. He was able to make his way over and after guzzling water from the drinking fountain for 10 minutes so I'd have a full bladder we went to the sonogram place. Within 30 seconds they were able to find the baby and see it's heartbeat was 144, perfectly normal. We got to see it's little arms and legs moving around too which was cool. The lady that did the sono was kind of stupid though, she didn't print us any pictures and only let us look at the baby for like a minute. Once she found the heartbeat she was done. Oh well, at least we know it's healthy! Afterwards Jeremiah told me I needed to have a conversation with the baby and let it know we went through enough with Brady and this was not funny. Hopefully the placenta will move around back by the next appointment. The bad thing about the day was somewhere in the frenzy of it all we lost Mr. Monkey. Thank goodness we had a backup at home!
So baby is healthy and mommy is healthy. I haven't really been feeling a lot of kicking yet. It's still kind of early. Plus, I guess with the placenta where it is it sometimes makes it harder to feel the kicks. I have had a lot more severe back pain this time than with Brady but it's tollerable. I just have to sit down and take a breather now and then.
When I was pregnant with Brady I had to eat Slim Jims and cheese balls every day. This time I'm totally craving hash browns. I could seriously eat them at every meal. I dip them in ketchup and mayo. Yum. Jeremiah thinks it's sick, but I love it! I think I'm going to go make some right now! Someone at work yesterday was telling me how these people she knew had a baby girl and decorated the room all cute and put up a border that said little girls are made of suger and spice and everything nice and I said if I have a girl I could put up a border that says little girls are made of hashbrowns and ketchup and Kraft mayonaise! Hopefully we'll find out next month if it is a girl or a boy. Stacey and I did a bunch of those Chinese quiz things that are supposed to predict what it is and it was pretty much 50/50.
Oh, one more thing, to all the people who think I'm ginormous already and keep telling me I'm having twins, we only saw one baby on the sono!
I'll keep you updated on any new developments. My next appt. is 10/10 and hopefully I'll have a sono while Robin is in town around Oct. 20.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment