ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!

Well, the Jayhawks won the college basketball title. The news showed Lawrence - where the campus is - after the game and it looked like Times Square on New Year's Eve. They said they thought there were about 75,000 people in the streets! It was crazy. Someone had a t-shirt that said "Party like it's 1988!" That's the last time they won the championship. Last night's game was really good. They won in overtime. Brady got to stay up late and watch the game.
Jeremiah's family always does competitions with the brackets for the tournament every year. Jeremiah's grandfather Gerald wins every time. This year he finished LAST! Ha ha ha. I won! It was a close battle all tournament long, but the last game was worth 10 points and he took Memphis and I took Kansas so I finished in first! Jeremiah finished second, his grandma took third, his mom came back from very far down to finish fourth and grandpa and his stepdad tied for last place!!! Usually I do terribly, but this year for some reason I did pretty well. I think it was because I was on maternity leave and I got to watch a lot of the coverage about the games and learn about the teams. Also a little bit of luck always helps.
Well, I have dishes and laundry to do so I better get on it. Tomorrow night Jeremiah and I are going to the Royals/Yankees game so that will be lots of fun. Thursday Brady gets to go to the dentist for the first time! I should have some fun pictures from the game to put on here after tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment