Well, I'm going back to work Monday, but I'm looking forward to my next vacation! Southwest is finally selling tickets for October travel so we are looking at when we will be going to New Jersey in the fall. We are thinking about the first week of October, but we need to check with our works to make sure that week is available. We're going to Florida in February for the Daytona 500 again. We went in 2007 and had a ton of fun. The same group is going again next year. I get three weeks of vacation each year now that I have worked there for five years so that's exciting. I am going to take a few days over Brady's birthday weekend this year. Other than that I still have to decide the rest.
This is funny: last night Jeremiah and Brady were wrestling on the floor. It had been a few days since they were able to play because Jeremiah had to work late a couple days. So Jeremiah was laying on the floor and Brady was climbing all over him. The next thing I know Jeremiah is laughing hysterically and trying to get Brady off of his head. I said, "What is going on?" He said, "He put his big toe in my ear!!!" Brady was using J's ear as a step and stuck his big toe right into it!
This is even funnier: The other night I gave Brady a bath. He was squirming in there and not really excited about it which is unusual for him. He loves taking baths. He didn't like getting water put on his head which he usually thinks is fun. He was in there for about two minutes and he was already saying he was done. I scrubbed him as quickly as I could and drained the water. Then I got the shower head down and turned on the water to rinse him. He seemed to be ok with that. He loves taking showers afterall. So then I got him out and we went into his room to pick out pjs and get ready for bed. We got his jammies out and then I put him up on his changing pad. Before I even had a chance to lift up his butt to slide the diaper under there he rolled over and got on his elbows and knees. He mumbled something with his face down in the changing table. I said, "What did you say honey?" Then he reaches back with one hand and grabs his butt. with his face still buried he says, "Butt burning!" I laughed and said, "What?" and he repeated, "Butt burning!" So I looked and sure enough his butt was bright red...the beginnings of diaper rash. What a goof. I put some zinc oxide on it and all was well, but it was so funny how he described it. Toddlers are hillarious.
This is not so funny... today I while Brady was eating lunch I was feeding Mackenzie in the dining room. I looked out the back door and saw Amber laying in the yard right off the deck. There was a big lump about five feet away from her. I thought it looked animal-like but I knew it wasn't a squirrel. A few minutes later it was closer to Amber. She had obviously moved it, and it was obviously not alive, whatever it was. Before she relocated it I was hoping it was just a big pile of mud, although none of the ground around it was disturbed. So after lunch I put Brady to bed for a nap and put Mackenzie in her chair and went out to investigate. It was a bunny rabbit. It looked as if no one had tried to eat it so I would imagine that the dogs were just trying to play with it and things got a little rough. When I was little our neighbors black lab, Pete, used to try to play with birds. If they sat on the ground next to him he would try to roll over them. It always ended up with one squished birdie! He would look at it like, "Come on, get up, let's play." Knowing how Holly plays with Jake, if she was the culprit I would imagine she tried to grab it with her mouth around its neck. Poor bunny.
Well, Jeremiah just walked in the door so I've got to get dinner started. He's working at the theater tonight doing security so he's only got a little bit of time before he has to go.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment