My sister Stacey had her ob appointment today ... 9 weeks I think .. and they were able to hear the heartbeat. It was 170! Wow, that's fast. She's convinced it's a girl which is what she and Jeff are both hoping for anyway! That would be fun for Melea and Mackenzie to have a little girl buddy to hang out with since they would all be within 18 months of each other. She's due in November.
Meanwhile, I have hit a plateau in my weight loss. I've been stuck at the same point for three weeks now. It's really frustrating, but I really can't say I've done a whole lot about it. Last week I started exercising a little bit and I've been trying to watch what I eat, but I have been starving lately. I am hoping that when I go back to work I'll get over this hump and start losing again because I won't be able to wander into the kitchen every time I feel like a snack. Plus I'll be more active. I guess that is the ONE, and probably ONLY, positive thing about going back to work!!!! The weather is supposed to be really nice the next couple of days so I might take the kiddos for a walk or something to get out of the house and get some exercise. I would like to go across the street and walk on the track by the school, but school is still in session and I don't know if they will be out there for gym class or not. Maybe I'll go up to the outdoor shopping center by the racetrack. To get back to my prepregnancy weight I still have about 23 pounds to go. I've lost 27 since I had Mackenzie so I'm more than halfway there. I just need to do something to jumpstart my metabolism.
Jeremiah has been working out at work with his partner four or five days a week. They aren't doing any cardio, just weight lifting. We got a weight set, but we don't use it since he is working out at work. We also have a treadmill, but it's like 15 years old and it only has one height setting which is an incline that hurts my shins. I should go downstairs and use it, but I lack the motivation. If I ever win the lottery I'm going to build a house that has a workout room on the main level along with a computer room, four bedrooms, a laundry room all on the main level and a three car garage so we can put both our vehicles and the boat in there. Jeremiah says he wants a garage that you can drive straight through so he doesn't have to back the boat in anymore! If we win the lottery we can make it happen. As long as there is money left for me to stay home with the kids!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment