Monday, April 07, 2008

Eventful weekend

Well, it was quite an eventful weekend. Brady and I were stuffy all weekend with allergies. Mackenzie started with a runny nose Friday and yesterday Jeremiah got it. We can't keep our noses from running this year! Thursday night Brady was up most of the night coughing. I think he couldn't sleep because his nose was so stuffy. Last night it was Mackenzie who didn't sleep much. She was awake every hour...which meant I was too. She was just really stuffy. Finally this morning around 7 I said to heck with putting her back in bed and put her in her swing so she would be more upright. She slept good then until like 10:30. I should have done that at 2 a.m.!!!

Friday Jeremiah had the day off since he put in a ton of hours throughout the earlier part of the week so we all got to hang out. We didn't do a whole lot, but we had fun playing with the kiddos. Saturday we smoked two racks of ribs and a brisket on our smoker and had a few friends over to watch the KU basketball game. What a game! If you missed it, KU was up by 28 points, then only 4, then finished about 18 points up. It was a roller coaster game, but they won and play in the championship game tonight. Rock chalk Jayhawk! So that was a good time. A couple of the people who came over have kids, but didn't bring them with them so Brady had to play with the big people! He had fun playing with a couple of Jeremiah's co-workers. He made them read him stories and build castles with his blocks. I think they had fun too! Mackenzie pretty much slept the whole time.

Sunday we went over to Stacey and Jeff's house so Brady and Melea could play together. Also because they were going to come over Saturday, but ended up staying home because Stacey wasn't feeling well. She was feeling better Sunday so we took our leftovers over and watched the Nascar race. On the way there we heard a weird noise like a rock hitting the bottom of the car soon after we left the house. About halfway over there we heard a worse noise that went "thump thump thump." We had a flat tire. Of course we had just gotten past downtown and were right smack in the ghetto when it happened. Luckily we were close to an exit so we pulled off and into the closest parking lot where Jeremiah changed the tire. Luckily he was with us. I don't know how many hundreds of times I've made that trip with just me and Brady and luckily we've never had any problems. We were also lucky that the rain held off. It started raining just as we got back on the highway.

So Jeremiah missed half of the race because he took the van up to the tire place to get some tires put on so I wouldn't have to go do it this week some time.

Well, both kids are asleep and I'm starting to feel tired too since we were up all night so I think I might go lay on the couch for a while. Jeremiah's working on something at work that might keep him late, but hopefully he'll be home before the KU game starts. It's not on until like 8:30 tonight. That's ok though, I don't have to work tomorrow...unfortunately I go back two weeks from today. Boo hoo. Oh well, I'm going to make the most of these two weeks.

No comments: