Well, I survived week one back to work...all 47 hours of it. Yuck. It wasn't terrible. I really do like my job, it's just the hours that are horrible. I think if I even just had two days off in a row it would be 80% better. Like today....I was off today and we worked out in the yard all day and I got absolutely nothing done in the house. I have laundry everywhere and dirty dishes have overtaken my kitchen. The dining room table has disappeared under a pile of paper, diapers, crayons, diaper bags, mail, newspapers and who knows what else! The living room appears to have exploded, but it's mainly Brady's toys. My bed is covered in clothes. Mackenzie's room is clean though. If I had another day off I would be able to clean things up, but I have to work tomorrow. I'm off Tuesday but I'm sure I'll be exhausted from work tomorrow since I'll likely have a 10 hour or more day and I'm not going to get much sleep tonight. I have to drop the kids off at daycare and be at work by 6:30 a.m. I'm going to go to bed soon, but Mackenzie is going to need to eat again in about 30 minutes so there's no sense in laying down yet.
Well, here's some pictures from working in the yard today. Jeremiah and Brady mowed the back yard while I worked on breaking up sticks and burning them in the fire pit. We have a lot of limbs and branches and sticks that fell over the winter that we need to get rid of. When they were done mowing we put Brady down for a nap and then Jeremiah took over stick duty while I mowed the front. The only bad thing is that the yard is really bumpy from it being wet so much and so the tractor ride was rather unpleasant. Now my back hurts. I'll survive.
Enjoy the pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment